Monday, November 29, 2010

Tiny Poppy Fairy

I made this card for a challenge I found at Valentine's Monthly Challenge.  The theme is "Poppies" in honor of Remembrance Day and the only rule was to use at least one Stampin' Up product somewhere on the card.  A Day for Daisies has gorgeous poppy images so I just had to play!  I chose, "Tiny Poppy Fairy."  I colored her with copics; her wings were painted with Smooch illuminate and she has tiny pearls (Viva Decor pearl pen) in her hair.  I used Autumn Leaves Pretty Poppies printed paper to cut out several poppies and pieced them together and popped some of the petals so my tiny fairy could perch atop them.  My SU! product is the clear button and I used an SU! rubber stamp for the sentiment, "With Love," from the Yummy collection (I masked off the small heart).  I used Offray 3/16" ribbon and I layered it.  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! I keep forgetting you're Canadian......then I read about poppies and "Remembrance Day" and I clue in again! (Takes one to know one, eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, your fairy is sooo cute. She makes a wonderful Valentine card!
    Please stop by my blog... I have something there I would like to give you :)

    Mindy

    grammiescraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, this card is absolutely splendid! I saw it earlier this evening on my phone and couldn't quite see the pearls in her hair. I'm at the computer now; what a perfect touch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly gorgeous card..Very inspirational. Thanks for playing along at Valentines!! xxx

    ReplyDelete