Friday, November 5, 2010

A Day For Daisies Challege #5!

It's time for another challenge at A Day For Daisies!!  The challenge theme is “Please Pass the Traditions.”  Everyone has a tried and true recipe that never lets them down.  Please pass the tradition!  Create a card using your favorite recipe!  Get creative with the design and remember… no one makes it better than you! 

I interpreted this to mean to use my favorite, tried and true "card recipe."  But to relate my card to an actual recipe, that would have to be what has lovingly come to be known in my family as simply, "Pink Fluff."  Cherry pie filling, whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk, drained pineapple, coconut, pecans and mini-marshmallows --makes a wonderful pink fluffly sweet treat!

My favorite card "recipe" is anything baby!  Pastel colors, (especially pink!), bows and sweetness - and A Day For Daisies has the most perfect main ingredient - beautiful, delicate images!  The image I used here is Babe Basket.  The flowers surrounding the image were cut from the same image - ahhh, the beauty of digi stamps!  I cropped the image to just the flowers and printed them (10 times).  Everything is colored with copic markers and the basket is flocked.  The printed paper is Sandy Lion "Dot" and the card is Bazzil cardstock.  I made a "double bow" out of pink satin ribbon (5/8").  I used Martha Stewart pink and lavender ombre gem stickers to embellish the flowers.

So please come share your "recipe" and come play along!

Happy Crafting!
  <3 Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Lisa, I love your spin on this challenge. This is a beautiful creation. The detail of the flowers is gorgeous. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww! Sweet as can be and such a wonderful take on the challenge! I wish I had thought about it in that way, instead of struggling on how to work with a food recipe, since I'm so NOT a cook??

    Happy Crafting and take care,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just precious, Lisa! Where the heck have I been? Sorry, Oct was a hectic month. Been catching up on all of your fab stuff! LOVE this card and adore these stamps Been meaning to buy some. They truly are unique. Congrats on the DT gig. (Again, where have I been?) Your work is amazing! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable card! That ribbon is GORGEOUS!! Love this. Congrats on the DT, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, think your idea on this challenge is great! I'm surprised more of us didn't come up with this interpretation now that I read your's. The card is so very sweet---I ADORE anything baby too---and your card is lovely in every way!
    And "Pink Fluff" sounds so yummy---my mouth is watering! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely adorable and I would love a copy of your recipe it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card. I just love that image. The Pink Fluff sounds delicious. Is it just whipped up or do you have to cook the condensed milk?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable!!! I think this is the prettiest card!!!!
    xooxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, this is so cute! I just saw it over at Two Peas but couldn't comment b/c it was having issues... When I first saw it, I was all "Where's the recipe??" Then I read your take a couple of hours ago, and was like, "Ahh... Enlighten me!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just so adorable! and what a neat take on the challenge! your little baby just makes me want to snuggle with one. super cute and as precious as can be:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I have a confession.. I had never heard of A day for Daisies til just recently. They are quickly becoming my fav images!! I bought three yesterday and have a wishlist in waiting! I just love this card! I cannot believe the intricacy of your cutting!! Great card!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete