Saturday, November 13, 2010

Be My Valentine Operation Write Home Blog Hop Today!

Welcome Friends and fellow blurfers to the next stop on the Operation Write Home Be My Valentine Blog Hop!  The deadline for getting handcrafted Valentine cards to our troops is January 7, 2011Please note that the deadline for Christmas cards has passed.

For those of you who are not familiar Operation Write Home (OWH), their mission is to get blank handmade greeting cards to our nation's armed forces to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.  Isn't that awesome!?  If you think so, you can vote for OWH at Joann.com for the Craft for the Cause Contest 2010!  OWH is one of three charities in the running to win $50,000!  So please, cast your vote (and you can vote daily!) for Operation Write Home.  If you are interested in creating cards for OWH and would like more information, please visit their blog for details:  OperationWriteHome.org

Now, the next stop on the hop is:  Paper Addict at paperaddictcatherine.blogspot.com

My valentine was made using a digital stamp, "Angel Love", from A Day For Daisies.  She's colored with copics and I used Smooch Illuminate on her wings and coated them with Glossy Accents.  I used a Gelly Roll gold metallic pen for her halo and highlights in her hair.  The hearts are colored with Glaze pens and coated with Glossy Accents.  The card (Bazzill A2) was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and cut with an oval SB Nestabilities.  The insert is pink vellum and I used a $1 rubber stamp from Michaels (love) and rub on  letters by American Crafts.  The flowers are by Recollections.

If you haven't checked out A Day For Daisies, please do.  Right now and for the rest of the month of November, if you join the A Day For Daisies group at Crafters Digital Art Center, you will receive a free image!    Also, every Friday new images are released in the store and at a 20% discount! 



41 comments:

  1. Nice card. Thanks for your support of OWH. Your fish tank was fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Lisa,
    This is wonderful, I LOVE this image and own it in my collection! Your card is very touching and I'm so happy you are part of the HOP!

    I wish I could have played too but Fibro makes it too hard for me to spend too much time on the computer, and sadly I have to miss out! er!

    I do however love OWH and also love creating cards when I can to help out!! You're a doll to be part of the HOP!

    Hugs,
    LISA

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is SOOOOOO adorable!

    What a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very impressed with your Valentine card. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful card!
    You have great projects on yourblog... I'm a follower !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card......thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you combined so many different things to come up with such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is so lovely!! the little fairy is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card - love the way you did the oval cut-out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is superb! I love the image and the "window". Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card. Such a cute image. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so sweet! I love those wings. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, your card is so cute! I love the embossing and your coloring!! Great card! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful card Lisa! Love the design, spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your card is elegant and beautiful;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful how you created the window in the front embossed part of your card.Very creative and wonderful result.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable card... I love the little angel and all your details!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that is gorgeous. I hadn't thought of cutting a window in my cards with that folder but I will now! Thanks for joining in on the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super, Duper, Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing and for the details.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow... very lovely made. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the embossing, the glossy heart details and the wonderful coloring on the angel.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely card - that image from AD4D is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love this card! I just got that embossing folder and now I know how I want to use it - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is wonderful. I love how it looks like the love is just pouring into the card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card, love all the details you've added! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your sweet card is beautiful! It's so well done in all aspects. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the window, the embossing around it, the cute fairy and the shiny accents!! Very, very pretty and sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. very pretty card! love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a clever design. Beautiful card! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Lisa, your card is just beautiful! I love the window you made for it, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lisa, You are the winner of my blog candy. Please contact me at anitamocha at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Lisa! Just wanted to let you know that you won the blog candy I was offering over at expressionsofacraftaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. this is just precious, Lisa! and for a such a worthy cause. xxD

    ReplyDelete