Sunday, June 19, 2011

My attempt at a CAS card...

I'm sorry for such a quick post; the last week has been really crazy!  My niece graduated high school so we went to her graduation and then moved her here for school.  She's had a change of heart -- Indiana is a long way from Virginia -- so she will be heading back in a few weeks.  I know it's tough to figure out your life right after high school.   I think it's better for her to know now she'd rather be at home than to have started here and been miserable..at least that's what I hope! 

I found some time to craft and wanted to try my hand at a clean and simple card.  I used Doodle Pantry's mariposa lily (from the Lily Collection) image.  It is colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol.  I actually colored two of them and then layered them for a 3D effect (3D is so "in" now - LOL!).  The sentiment is a $1 Studio G rubber stamp; I stamped on Gina K pure luxury card stock and then layered with foam and a frame.  The gem is from Studio 18 (again the dollar bins at Michaels!).

I have some really cute cards and projects to share so I will hopefully get to this week!

11 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! It is hard to be away from home and make those decisions at such a young age. Bless her heart...it will be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Lisa. Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love how you displayed the lily and fabulous job on colouring it. Super!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just GORGEOUS! With a nice casual feel too. Wonderful sentiment. Love the bg too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lisa! Great job showcasing that gorgeous lily, and your background is amazing! Love it :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a beautiful CAS card Lisa!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your clean and simple card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I LOVE how you did the sentiment and flower! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, wow your life has been busy. You did wonderful with your clean and simple card! Beautifully colored and the sentiment is placed great.
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, your CAS card is gorgeous! Love the background paper and the flower! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous! Love the CAS style. Great job and thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete