Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Can I Keep Him!?

Isn't this the cutest little mermaid and seal EVAH!?  I love mermaids and when I saw Amber Ink's BABY MERMAID collections I had to have them!  This little cutie is asking her Mermommy if she can keep that little lost seal - so stinkin' adorable :)  I'm entering this card in a few challenges:

Cute Card Thursday Challenge #169 - use birthstone colors:  I've used peridot and aquamarine

Hooked on Craft Challenges Challenge #1 - Anything Goes

Make It Monday Challenge #42 - Anything Goes

Everybody Art Challenge #147 - Anything Goes

Southern Girls Challenge #21 - Anything Goes

Here are the deets for the card -- digital stamp from Amber Ink, colored with copics and mermaid tail embellished with sequins and Glossy Accents.  The ocean print paper is from Creative Imaginations (I couldn't find the name but here is the sku #2692728238).  I cut it with an oval nestie but wanted some of the images left attached (turtle, fish, and bubbles!).  I popped the oval with foam (cut using a nestie too).  The cardstock is Bazzill - the background cardstock was embossed with Fiskars Texture Plates (waves).  The glitter frame cut with Grand Nesties squares from Recollections Signature glitter paper in powder.  The "seaweed" is Celebrate It Mariposa polyester ribbon and the sentiment was copied onto Shrinky Dinks film (with a Sharpie) and heated using my heat gun.

Hope your week is going well (and yes, I'm counting down to Friday ;) !  <3 Lisa

7 comments:

  1. I love that mermaid tail!! Awesome job. Saw this fab card at Make It Monday.
    Hugs from Finland, Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great textures on this card! that tail is amazing. Very cute card.

    Thanks for playing with us at southern girls this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card....Love the image and your scene is gorgeous...Thanks for sharing with us at Hooked on Crafts challenge...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, saw your card on make it monday. very cute mermaid! I love what you did with the tail. I've been eyeing off the sequins at the store wondering if they'd look any good. Now I want some! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super fun card...

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    Your card is positively adorable!! What a cute image, your colouring is fabulous.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! Is this ever Sweet! Love the image and the scene you created. xxD

    ReplyDelete