Friday, June 24, 2011

Hippo Birthday!

So after the "no pink" challenge over at A Day For Daisies, I had to get some pink on and this aDoRaBLe ballerina hippo, HIPPORAY!,  from Doodle Pantry was the perfect image to rock the pink :D  I colored her up with copics but decided to paper-piece her arms and legs with this great towel-like texture specialty paper (-- for which I have looked high and low at the craft stores and LSS because this stuff has been in my stash forever and not only can I not find any, I have no idea what company makes it, etc.) and I created her perfectly pink tutu from pink lace.  The background paper is from Love Elsie (from KI Memories) and it's called  Betty in Love.  It is embossed with hearts (and I cut it with SB Nestie large scallop circles).  The sentiment is a DCWV rub-on.  I used 1/8" inch ribbon for the ballet slippers and 5/8" pink satin ribbon around the box and to make the bow in the corner.

So, now I'm off to create baby shower invitations which I will hopefully finish by Sunday.

Have a great weekend! <3 Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness..this is SO adorable! I love all the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too cute!! Wow, that hippo is so versatile and it makes just the cutest cards. Love the tutu of pink lace. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *GASP* OOH, this is fantastically ca-ute!! LOVE the paper-pieced legs and your adorable tutu!! It's perfect! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute! I love the ruffle you added to her dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well how adorable is this!! Love the pink and the lace tutu is fantastic. Great textured paper too =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lisa! Wow, how adorable is this! That lipstick! Then the tutu! Finally the ribbon on the legs! How totally fun is this!! Great job!!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Lisa, this is perfection!!! Love the textured arms and the pink tuto is lovely! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. I'm normally not into sewing but love it on cards but was so afraid of trying until I found Gina K's tutorials on the Jamone Pixie and literally replayed them several times until I got the hang of it! If I can do it you so can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is totally adorable! I LOVE the pink ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Hippos Girl, this is Ca-Yute! You totally rocked the pink with her tutu, ribbons and lips. She is Beeeee-U-TI-full. Love the paper piecing as well. You really nailed the versatility of this image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just PRECIOUS! Love that textured paper you used and the tutu is too too cute! love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore this precious creation! It has great dimension with wonderful details. Love the pink, ruffled tutu and sweet ribbon laces.

    ReplyDelete