Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Entryway Monogram

I have been inspired by so many great images of monograms on Pinterest, that I decided I wanted to have one too :)  I decided to put ours in the foyer - sort of like signage for the establishment - ha!  Originally, this was going to be a total DIY using the ol' Cricut and craft vinyl but the size needed to fill the space turned out to be larger than the size I could cut.  So...I did the next best thing..headed directly to Etsy!  After looking at a few designs, I found the perfect one from Mulberry Creek.  Both our initials surrounding the J and the "established date" = year we were married.  Love it!  And, it was customized to the size needed (20" x 20") and in the colors I wanted - circle and letter J = beige, D and L  = chocolate, and date = black.   It turned out beautifully!  I was nervous about applying it but with Dan's help, it went pretty smoothly.  It came in 5 sections and the circle was the trickiest but once that was in place, the rest was a piece of cake.

Ok, since a makeover (even a mini one) is nothing without  Before pics - here they are :)


This is the wall right inside the staircase in the foyer.  It's the first thing you see when you walk in the front door.   Since we've moved in, this pedestal and flower arrangement has sat here and while I love it, I figured it was time for a change.


The rest of the foyer needs  to be painted and we are installing wainscoting around the outer walls too. 


...but since little space is so isolated, it got a coat of natural almond paint (Behr with primer).   The console is from Ikea (Hemnes) and it's a shoe cabinet!  How smart is that!?  The mirror is from TJ Maxx and the other accessories were pulled from other rooms in the house.  

So, here is the finished look:


I love it.  This is the "everyday look."  The hardware was switched out with these darling acrylic knobs I found at Michaels for $1.50 each:


And when I saw this tiny lamp at Pier one -- it has the same shape as the legs on my beloved dining room table --i.am.dying!!!!  Plus, ever since the teal velvet chairs entered my life, I'm a peacock kick  and the shade is rockin' that feather :)


The "32" is our house number.  Hobby Lobby had them for 50% off.  I had a ball decorating this little space for the holidays.  Here is Halloween:


and Christmas:


But, I'm loving the "everyday" look:


for now...Valentines Day is coming~ :)
Happy Crafting!
<3 Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I have to say you are really really clever, just love all those bargains you find to achieve the posh look without spending the thousands what the rich ppl do, everything looks GORGEOUS well done you
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, I must not have been here in a min. I keep flipping back and seeing posts I haven't already read! Lovely decor you have there, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete