Saturday, February 19, 2011

Diaper Cakes!

Hi Everyone!  Hope your weekend is going great!

***If you are here for the A Day for Daisies Blog Hop, please scroll down :)  It goes through February 24th so you have time to hop at your leisure. ***

I have a couple of baby shower diaper cakes to share with you today.  February 19th ended up being a popular date for baby showers for me and it worked out pretty cool - one for a girl and one for a boy!

Here is the first:  This one has over 150 diapers and I wrapped the layers with items that matched the nursery theme (Babies R Us Jacana by Cocalo) and other assorted baby items with matching colors! I used my Cricut Create a Critter cartridge to make the animals that decorate the three layers.

The second cake is for the Dr. Seuss themed  baby shower I did the invitations for (I posted them a few weeks ago!)  The cake is bigger than my picture box so sorry about the photo.  The mommy-to-be requested guests to bring a book for the baby's library so I really caught a break when I found the cute tiny Dr. Seuss books at Marshals! The other Dr. Seuss items came from Michael's - again, another break for me!  This cake has over 120 diapers.
These are always so much fun to make and they're a great way to add to your party decor but in a useful way!  I love things that are dual-purposed like that :).   When I'm hosting a baby shower, a diaper cake is always part of the party decor and when I make one for someone to give as a gift,  I am over-the-moon when I hear it was also used as a centerpiece!

I wanted to post a couple more I have made in the past.  Please excuse the lousy pictures; they were taken before I ever imagined having my own blog ;)  and before I had a better camera and light box.



These two were a couple of my favorites.  The teddy bears I used for the topper were ones that had information included with them for registering the baby's name on a star.  I just love that idea!

Well, I'm off now to work on some invitations for a 2nd birthday :)  Hope your weekend is wonderful!
<3 Lisa

7 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make one of these.
    Maybe soon as my neice is soon to have her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Those are all so amazing... who wouldn't ADORE that kind of "cake" at their shower?!! Beautiful job!! I can't even pick which one is my fave, LOL.

    I also hear a CONGRATS is in order... but I don't see your post yet ;) Just wanted to stop by and say congrats and I look forward to working with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! These are seriously AMAZING! xxd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    My webpage cuban coffee

    ReplyDelete