Monday, July 5, 2010

White Knuckle Ride!

My niece, Lauren, got her first car! It's a 1989 Nissan Sentra--given to her by her great aunt over Memorial Day weekend. I couldn't resist making her a card using this darling Shy Bears digital stamp from Squigglefly.com. She is visiting with me for a few weeks so now that she has opened the card, I wanted to share it! I used white acrylic paint mixed with blue Pearl Ex and then sprayed with Tsukineko sheer shimmer spritz - frost - for the car paint. I used $1 rhinestones and $1 metal dots and glaze pens to embellish. The interior of the car and the Shy Bear is colored with Prismacolor pencils. The wind sheild is craft plastic. I used a Bazzill In Stitch'z template to make the yellow line across the top of the A7 Bazzill card. I made the key out of Bazzill silver cardstock and used my Scor It to add ridges and lines. The keyring is shrink plastic colored with Brilliance jeweltone ink (orchid) and punched with an MS crown punch. I am not certain where the map printed paper came from; I've been scrapbooking since 1994 and have amassed lots of random kits and papers! :)

Congratulations Lauren and I wish you many, many miles of SAFE driving ;) xoxox <3

No comments:

Post a Comment