Sunday, July 25, 2010

Under the Sea

I love mermaids and this digital image from C.C. Designs featuring a mermaid and her seal friend is just too cute! There is a whole series of these adorable images and yes, I had to have them all! (I bought them from All That Scraps here and here). I made a spinner (I learned how at SCS here) for my little seal because I could just see him swimming in circles and frolicking in the water with his mermaid friend, just happy to be playing together. Here are the other details:

The card is 5 x 7, cut from Bazzill cardstock (rain). I printed the image, Sweet November Treasure Tempestwind, onto Gina K Luxury cardstock and colored her with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. Her tail was painted with white acrylic paint mixed with teal Pearl Ex and just before it dried, I stippled it with Glossy Accents which gave it a more textured look. Her fin is vellum and I scored it using my Scor IT. The mermaid is further embellished with assorted rhinestones (because I love my bling ;). The seal is colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. I used a white gelly roll pen on his snout. The sentiment is from DCWV Rub On Quote Stack (embellished with a little gem from Martha Stewart). I cut a background for the image using Nestabilities Labels 2 and cut from Bazzill cardstock, whirlpool, then added Heidi Grace Shimmer Foil Paper, "Beyond the Sea", and the little strip at the bottom of card is from K & Company, "Actopus to Zelephant Under Water" embellished with Mudd Puddles sand paste, "Malibu," and shells (I bought mine here). The seaweed are stickers from Jolee's Boutique, Sea Life South. Now I think I need a couple weeks vacation to the beach!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute Lisa! Love all of the texture and the image is precious! And a big CONGRATS for making the top 5 on the Halloween Hop! WooHoo! xxD

    ReplyDelete