Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thrift Finds - Blue Willow and other curious things

Hello All!

It's time to share some thrift finds!  I haven't been thrifting as much just to keep the amassing of tons of glassware to a minimum - LOL!  But it's totally in my blood so for now, I'm trying to cut back and then, when I do go, be picky.  Yeah, how's that working out for me?  Ummm, well, sounds wonderful, until I see something unusual or quirky or cool - LOL!

Like, for instance, this really awesome vase?  planter?


It caught my eye because at first, I thought the figure was a mermaid holding up a shell.  But she has wings also.  


It seems angels and cherubs were popular subjects of objects like this and I'm guessing that's what it's meant to represent.


It's stamped "made in Italy;" yet even the mark hasn't helped identify the maker or give an idea as to when it was made.  It was $2.

I found this cute little guy at Goodwill.  There are no marks on it and it's possible he's been painted:


Oh he is so darn cute!  He looks like the Baldelli Pottery owls and wonder if this was part of a pair of bookends.  He was $1.45 (50% off day) at B-Thrifty.

This heavy cut-glass open compote is one of my favorite pieces to date.  The pattern is Masonic and was originally produced by McKee brothers in that late 1800s and production continued in the early 1900s under the National Glass Co.  I picked it up at Village Thrift.  I don't remember the exact price but know it was under $5.


Next up is this Thrift Bucket List item - a pie crust table.


The decorative edge is stunning.  It's broken in a couple places but it's nothing a little wood glue won't fix.


And look at those feet!


...and other decorative details!  Absolutely gorgeous.  I paid $30 for it.


Last Spring, I was fortunate enough to come across 4 lovely sets of EIT Blue Willow.  My sister was visiting and she and I went thrifting (that post here):



Blue Willow reminds me of my Gran.  I am delighted to add this to my collection:


A Johnson Brothers enamel on steel whistling tea kettle!  OMGosh, that little birdie handled lid does me in :)  $4 at Salvation Army.  And just when I thought it couldn't get any better than that, I find these:


4 perfect Hazel Atlas frosted Blue Willow tumblers!  They were $1 each.

I'm linking up!
Sir Thrift A lot: Thriftasaurus #82

4 comments: