Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ta Da! The Craft Room Re-Do

Hello All!

I have been dying to share my craft room and I don't want to wait any longer!  My laptop crashed and Dan is in the process of recovering the contents which includes the latest photos of the makeover.  I had started this post before the crash so I'm going with it but I'll be back with more pictures.  If you missed it, here is the craft room BEFORE.   It's been 6 months since I got the itch to re-do the room and it started because of this:


I love the print on this chair! I don't normally shop Pottery Barn Teen - no, seriously, LOL! - but I happened across this snow leopard plush chair and was smitten!    Well, "smitten" is a cute, lightweight word. Obsessed is more accurate!  Unfortunately, the PBteen chair is $300.  Too pricey and it's meant for a dorm room.  Even if I could get past the price tag and despite my young-at-heart attitude, I couldn't get past the fact it was meant for a dorm room.  So...my search began to find something for my craft room in "grown up" snow leopard print.  Look at what I found (Thanks Pinterest!):


Eijffinger Ibiza abstract leopard wallpaper in cream, metallic and beige. I had no idea this gorgeousness existed in the universe.  Once I did, it was ON!   I quickly learned that I couldn't just pop into Lowe's and find this wallpaper on the shelf.  Eijffinger is a Holland-based company and while I could find UK-based websites that sold the wallpaper online, shipping costs were just as much as the paper.  Luckily I found a US company --Brewster Wallcovering-- that partners with Sherwin Williams, and they could special order it for me.  It was a little pricey but nothing compared to the PBteen chair and so much more elegant looking!

Ok, without further adieu, here's my room now:


I have played around with the placement of the chair, ottoman and desk.  They are arranged differently now and I ended up using a different desk.

Here's the wall with the wallpaper!  I love how subtle the print is and the glint of metallic sheen:


The credenza is from Joss and Main.  That thing is a beast.  It's 7.5 feet long.  Imagine carrying that thing up a 15-stair L shaped staircase.  It wasn't pretty folks!   The desk lamp came from HomeGoods.


The Expedit before the doors and drawers were assembled and attached.  The paint is Sherwin Williams, Bravo Blue.


The curtains are from JC Penney's.



The wire shelves came from Home Depot and are by Closet Maid.  I've put another small desk in the closet and it will house my computer and printer.  Dan put up the shelving and installed lighting.  I love how bright it is.




I was able to find this pic which shows the snow leopard print fabric I used to cover the pillow in the chair. The chair came from Ikea years ago.  It's a Tullsta chair and was outfitted in a green cover.  Luckily Ikea still sells the covers so I bought a white one for this room.  I also picked up the ottoman while I was there.  It has storage inside too!


I have been accessorizing here and there.  The butterflies are a thrift find.  Dan found them at the Goodwill Outlet!  He gave them to me because my Grandma Norma loved butterflies.  It is amazing how much I adore them --not only because of my Grandma but because Dan remembered she loved them and gave them to me.  They are signed (not sure of the name!), numbered (34/50),  and dated 1979.  


Here's a closer look:


I'm linking up!

Elizabeth & Co., Be Inspired Features and Link Party #112
The Thrifty Groove, Thrifty Things Friday
From My Front Porch to Yours, Treasure Hunt Thursday #149
Thrifty Decor Chick, April Before and After
Embracing Change, Creative Inspirations Linky Party

3 comments: