Friday, January 21, 2011

New Releases and a New Challenge at A Day For Daisies!

Oh my goodness am I glad it's Friday! I am working on baby shower invitations and Whew!  there's a lot of them.  They seem to be taking a lot more time than I thought.  *BUT* hopefully I will be able to share them with you soon :)

I have a couple of cards for you today.  Friday means new releases at A Day For Daisies and this week a new challenge begins as well.   The new images are absolutely darling!  They are all different little fairies. EEEeee!  I love fairies :)   I used "Dandelion Delivery" for my card.  I got these wonderful printed papers (by Memory Box) for Christmas and I *love* the patterns.  I used some to paper-piece my little fairy's dress, her butterfly, and the edge of the card.  The rest of the image is colored with copics.  I printed the sentiment from my computer onto (pinkini) Bazzill cardstock and the card is Bazzill also.

Next is a card I made for the new challenge.  The theme is, "Organic Soul."  You are asked to create a card using something organic.  Pressed leaves on trees, dried flowers in flowing hair, a sandy beach or homemade paper, anything that inspires you!  I am sure you will not find it hard to be inspired by the beautiful world around us.  I used A Day For Daisies image, "Wild Bird."  It is colored with copics but the background was done with chalks.  I found the dried flowers and twigs at the craft store.  This was a fun challenge!  I hope you will give it a try. For more ideas and inspiration for this challenge, please check out the other design team members projects (their links are on the side of my blog).  Have a lovely weekend!!  <3 Lisa

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love both cards but the one with the bird and branches is my favorite.

    You asked if I made my paper on my card this week and yes I did. I used a SU leaf branch and glimmer mist. Lots of fun making it. Glad you like the ribbon email me if you want to order some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous...but that birdy card is OUTSTANDING!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lisa! Those are beautiful cards! LOVE the bird and how you silhouetted him over the cloudy background.

    ReplyDelete