Friday, January 7, 2011

A Day For Daisies Challenge #9 - A Fresh Coat of Paint!

It's time for a new challenge at A Day for Daisies!  The theme is "A Fresh Coat of Paint!"  A new year and a clean slate, let’s give our cards  a fresh coat of paint!  Get away from last year’s colored pencils and markers and dip our brushes into wet, fabulous paint!  Try something new!  When I first read the challenge rules, the words that struck the deepest chord was "try something new." 
I decided to try a different type of craft along with the paint! I used A Day For Daisies curly poppy images A, B, and C. Find them HERE! I used poly shrink plastic for the charms and Marvy Uchida acrylic paint pens.  I loved the pens but the nibs were too broad for my little charms so I used a script/liner paint brush to trace and paint the images onto the shrink plastic.  This bracelet is special to me.  I chose poppy images because my craft room is decorated with them.  The small red seed beads came from my Grandma.  She was going through her things and found a stash of beads, ribbon, and other crafty items so she boxed them up and sent them to me.  It was a wonderful surprise and it was so fun to look through those little treasures!  The green beads are Jolee's crystals and green is the accent color in my craft room.

I will be back in a little bit with a new release image from A Day For Daisies!

1 comment: