Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Halloween! I'm just practicing...

...for Fall because I am ready for it ;)  Luckily A Day For Daisies' new releases this week are all about Halloween - YaY!  I've used "Miss Star Witch" and I'm featuring her on my treat/luminary box.  I modified a 2-5-7-10 box and added 1/2" fold at the top to hold the crepe paper ruffle.  I just love the look of vintage Halloween items and so I tried to make mine look like them.  I used white crepe paper and colored it with a yellow Bic Mark It marker; I have used copics also but since I wasn't doing any blending and wanted just a bright yellow, I used the Bic markers (ink is much cheaper ;)  I used a Martha Stewart punch anywhere punch and then laying wax paper behind the punched area, I filled in the stars with Glossy Accents.  After it dried, I cover the stars with a light coating of Stickles.  They really look so cool when the box is lit up (using a floral spot light taped inside the bottom of the box)!  I am really ready for Fall; it is my all-time favorite time of year. 

Happy Crafting! <3 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment