Monday, May 23, 2011

Sweet Baby Elephant Gift Set

 I ordered this super adorable rubber stamp, "Baby of Mine"  by Crissy Armstrong from Whimsy Stamps just a couple days ago and to my amazement, it arrived on Saturday (Awesome fast shipping!!).  Even though I have oodles of bridal shower things to do I couldn't  wait to color up it up! Oh that wide-eyed, adoring gaze at Mommy just melts my heart :)  I'm calling her "Baby Ellie"  (I know, real original, right? *giggle*) but Ellie is colored with copics.  I used Smooth Illuminate on her diaper; Glossy Accents on her eye and bottle, and Stickles on her bow.  She's cut out with SB nestie large oval.  If you notice, Mommy's trunk is outside the nestie cut and I learned how to do this
Front
from (another!) great tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers (HERE).   I cut my own A2 using Bazzill swiss dot cardstock (ballet) and I edged it with "pleated" orange vellum.  The printed paper comes from DCWV Baby Girl stack.  I had such a ball making the 2-5-7-10 box (for Quirky Dog post HERE) that I made one for this card too - it's a One Year Birthday gift set.  The tut for the box comes from...wait for it...yep,  Splitcoast Stampers (HERE) :D  I made the gift set for a baby's 1st birthday but I will totally be using the stamp again for a baby shower.  The front of the box has the "1" on it and I added the orange vellum ruffle to the back flap (keep scrolling down, down down) ... I'm sorry to have been so pic happy but I wanted to get close ups of the card and box but they look so cute side by side, I wanted to include that too!  :) 
So, I'm going to get this posted now but I will be sharing my bridal shower crafts this week too - I'm so excited about it; I think it turned out really gorgeous.  It's tough being commissioned for a work event because everyone expects caviar on a sardine budget!  LOL!  Hopefully I've pulled it off!   Happy Crafting, <3 Lisa
Back View
The set

3 comments: