Sunday, June 13, 2010

I entered this card in Mo's Digital Challenge #35 (here). It's a modified easel card --modified with a window so light can shine through all those lovely popsicles! The digital image is Mo's Pool Party (find it here) and it features Bella and Bronte all ready for the pool. When I first saw it, it reminded me of when I was a kid and my sister and I would get invited to go swim at a friend's grandmother's house (Shell, do you remember that!?). It was so exciting to get all of our swim gear on and the anticipation of that clear, cool water was just grand! I swear that pool water was just as sparkly as the paper on this card! I also remember loving "snack time," when we would have to get out of the pool and out of the sun for a bit. We'd get to have popsicles, fruit snacks, or cheese puffs. Such a great memory! So, the card is made up of all those little details of that memory. The popsicle overlay is by Momenta; the yellow and turquoise glitter paper comes from DCWV Citrus Paper Stack and I used a Martha Stewart scallop border punch for the water, the 'window' was cut using SB Big Scalloped Square nestie and the beach ball and sentiment comes from a sticker sheet by All My Memories called "Summer". Behind the scenes, I used white cardstock and tacky tape to put everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment