Friday, August 25, 2017

Unicorns and Pumpkins, Yes Please!

Summer is winding down and pretty soon the busy season will begin at work so I am enjoying playing with my Halloween and fall-themed stamps before the hustle and bustle.  I found these super cute Darcie's stamps with the neat tin pin embellies from Ellen Hutson and love they combine my favorite Halloween icon with my favorite mythical one!


I created the background using spiced marmalade and wilted violet Distress Oxide inks and a cloud stencil from My Favorite Things. The image was colored with copics and I love how the fluorescent copic makes the pumpkin's face glow!  The sentiment was embossed on a vellum cloud with purple embossing powder (even though it looks blue in the pic).

I used to stock up- and by stock up I mean hoard-bling but now I'm all about the sequins!  Here's my new favorite storage in my craft room:


Acrylic nail polish racks and bead storage containers make the most perfect sequin storage!  Oh and I found an acrylic cart at HomeGoods to organize my clear stamps:


With the help of a laminator and some letter stickers, I created my own dividers.  Full disclosure, I needed two of these carts to hold all the stamps and luckily, HomeGoods had another cart in a style close enough to this one to work!  I only had to revise my dividers a little to accommodate it.  You can see a little bit of it in the pic below but let's face it, the star of the show is my napping Lily!


Isn't she sooo cute!  I can forget about sharing the chair with her - she's totally claimed it.   She is my favorite!


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Great storage solutions ! And such an adorable fluffy black thing on your chair !! Lol !!

    ReplyDelete