Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Spring!

What a busy weekend!  Rhonda's wedding was on Saturday so that meant the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on  Friday night.  Everything went smoothly and the wedding was beautiful *sigh*.  It went by so fast so I can only imagine what a whirlwind it must have been for the bride and groom!

I wanted to post my mantel earlier this week but I was working on last minute wedding details and didn't get to it until today.  The candle holders came from Ross and were $6 each.  The adorable Easter egg vase is a thrift find for $2.  It's by Teleflora and other than needing a good cleaning, it is in perfect condition.  The wooden bunny came from Target and the blue oil lamp was also a thrift find for $1 --I'm a sucker for clear, colored glass and for $1 there's no way it wasn't coming home with me :)






The hurricane lanterns came from Home Goods and were a steal at $20/each.  I added the flowering branches (Michael's) actually as a decoration for the cherry blossom bridal shower I hosted for Rhonda a few weeks ago but I liked how "springy" it looked and decided to leave it up I left it.  The ceramic basket and bunny are also thrift finds.  The basket was in rough shape.  It was painted with some sort of glaze but it had yellowed which made it looked stained --and not in a good way.  It also had floral foam glue inside with what looked like a pine-needle bed stuck to the foam.  It looked like some sort of weird Easter/Christmas arrangement which I'm guessing is why for $3 it sat in the thrift store for a few weeks before I finally decided to bring it home and try my hand at a re-do.  I scrubbed it down, dug out all the floral foam from inside and sanded off the glue, then spray-painted 3 coats of Krylon white gloss paint with primer.  It looks fabulous!


























The bunny was $3 and besides a small chip on the bottom of the mold, it is otherwise perfect and I love the pink bead eyes!  The grass mat inside the basket is from Hobby Lobby and my sis bought the eggs (Hobby Lobby too --Thanks again Shell :) ).

I hope your week is a good one!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely mantel! Perfectly dressed for easter!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete