In my previous post, I shared my Halloween mantel which included a thrift store clock I spray painted green:
I wanted to decorate it more but couldn't decide what to use. Then it hit me:
I had cut out and framed a silhouette of a witch using the Cricut cartridge "Happy Hauntings." I just adjusted the size and used black damask-embossed Bazzill card stock! I also added an orange rhinestone to the bottom of the minute hand. Now I think it looks finished:
I popped into the Salvation Army the other day and I saw this:
I love the art deco look of this mid-century peacock. The fact that he's missing a beak and corona...
didn't deter me. I plunked down my $1 and carried it out. When I got home, I pulled out some supplies, found a picture online of what the missing parts looked like and created some prosthetics :)
Once I had the pieces they way I liked, I glued them and let it sit for a few hours before I painted it. I didn't mind the gold color so I just wanted to "wash" it with Rustoleum hammered bronze while of course covering up the clay. Here it is now:
I'm linking up!
The Thrifty Groove, Thrifty Things Friday
Elizabeth & Co.: Be Inspired Features and Linky Party #91